Your clerical cover letter is the perfect
opportunity to show prospective employers how your strengths and skills match
their needs for the clerical job opportunity.
Clerical work is wide-ranging and
varied, focus on the different capabilities and competencies you can bring
to the position and the company.
Identify and highlight the most relevant
skills in a well-written and persuasive clerical assistant cover letter that sets
you apart from the competition.
Clerical Cover Letter Example
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Human Resources Manager
8 Industry Place
New York, NY 10021
Dear Ms Morgan
I am very interested in the Clerical Assistant position you advertised on
XYZ and believe I have the capabilities to successfully meet your requirements.
Please allow me to highlight my skills as they relate to the job opportunity.
- Proven ability to multi-task under pressure and plan and prioritize
effectively to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in producing accurate documents and reports
within tight time constraints.
- Track record of developing and streamlining processes to improve
- History of establishing and maintaining productive and positive
working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
I am self-sufficient and able to work
independently as well as part of a team. I believe
my enthusiasm, my skills and my strong work ethic
can make a positive contribution to your company. I
would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you to
schedule an appointment and provide you with more
Thank you for your time and consideration, I
look forward to speaking with you soon.
Your clerical resume
Include a job-winning cover letter with your
clerical assistant resume and quickly convince the hiring
manager of your suitability for the job.
Clerical duties, responsibilities and skills
This clerical job description will assist you in
identifying the relevant skills to highlight in your
clerical assistant cover letter.
Powerful phrases to build your clerical
You can select appropriate phrases to create the
cover letter you want.
- I read with enthusiasm your advertisement for a Clerical Support
Assistant in XYZ. A brief description of the skills and strengths I would
bring to this position includes the following.
- In response to your advertisement for a Clerical Assistant please
consider my resume. I am confident that my abilities can make an immediate
and positive contribution to your company.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent data entry skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills ensure efficient completion of multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Able to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Track record of exercising sound judgment in identifying and solving
problems to achieve task objectives.
- Able to take initiative and complete assignments independently.
- I am available to meet with you for an in-depth discussion at your
convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon to set up an appointment at
your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
How to write a cover letter for a clerical position
These cover letter pages will help you to create a job-winning cover letter for yourself.
Clerical Cover Letter Tips
Clerical Job Description
Job Skills List
List of Workplace StrengthsEmail Cover Letter
Office assistant and clerical resumes and cover letters
Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Accounting Clerk Resume
Data Entry Cover Letter
Data Entry Resume
The clerical job interview
Clerical Interview Questions
Administrative Interview QuestionsCommon Interview Questions
To Top of Page