- Difficult Interview Questions
Job Interview Answers to
Tough Interview Questions
Finding the right job interview answers to those awkward interview questions about
- salary requirements
- gaps in employment
- why you were laid off or why you were fired
can be a real challenge.
Plan your responses carefully and you will be ready with a concise and
professional answer when these difficult questions come up in your job
Don't get flustered in your interview because you weren't prepared. Be ready with your answers and feel comfortable about addressing tricky questions in your interview.
Plan your own job interview answers using the techniques and sample answers given for each tough interview question below.
Sample job interview answers to tough interview questions
Interview answers about a layoff
Tips for handling tough interview questions
Use these interview tips to help you respond appropriately to difficult questions.
- Go through your resume and note any red flag areas that could translate into a difficult job interview question.
- How you respond to these tough questions is as important as what you say.
- Stay calm and controlled and answer in a positive and professional manner.
- Be aware of your tone of voice, making sure it is not defensive or aggressive.
- Use interview body language that conveys the message that you are comfortable and confident.
- Be concise and avoid rambling on as this gives the impression of nervousness.
- Be brief but make sure you have addressed any concerns the interviewer has. It is important that the interviewer feels comfortable that the question has been dealt with properly so that the interview can move on.
Hard interview questions include those about your being overqualified for the job. View job interview answers to this and other tough questions.
Sample answers to questions about leaving your job
A tricky interview question is "What is your reason for leaving your current job?"
Sample Interview Answer
Sample job interview answers to common interview questions
What to do when you don't know the answer in an interview
Sometimes you just don't know the interview answer. Rather than providing an incorrect job interview answer you can respond like this.
Prepare and practice the interview answers that make the right impact in your interview.
Job Interviews > Difficult Interview Questions
To Top of Page