Sample Data Entry Job Description
The data entry job description clearly lists the key tasks, duties, responsibilities and skill requirements for a data entry position.
Data entry employment is a wide field. Sometimes referred to as a data
entry operator, data entry specialist, data entry clerk or an
information processing worker these are the common data entry duties and
data entry skills for the job.
Data Entry Job Description
To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- check source documents for accuracy
- verify data and correct data where necessary
- obtain further information for incomplete documents
- update data and delete unnecessary files
- combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- transcribe information into required electronic format
- scan documents into document management systems or databases
- check completed work for accuracy
- store completed documents in designated locations
- maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- print information when required
- comply with data integrity and security policies
- maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- formal computer training an advantage
- proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
Key Competencies and Skills
- planning and organizing
- information collection and management
- problem solving
- attention to detail
- decision making skills
- communication skills
- ability to work under pressure
Do you want to create a professional resume? Use this data entry resume sample to help you.
Data Entry Job Description Pages
Customer Service Job Description
Sample Administrative Job Descriptions
Data Entry Resumes and Cover Letters
Administrative Assistant Resume
What are the key skills needed for data entry jobs?
Employers who were asked this question identified the following 5 data entry skills.
- attention to detail and accuracy including closely monitoring all aspects of the job and continually checking processes and tasks
- effective communication skills including the ability to listen and follow instructions correctly and good written communication skills including the use of appropriate grammar and spelling
- able to work under pressure and maintain performance and work standards under stress
- efficient work management including planning, organizing and prioritizing
- excellent typing and keyboard skills
Data Entry Interviews
Are you preparing for a data entry interview? These 15 essential data entry interview questions will help you.
Insert your own job information into this data entry job description template.
Latest Update - Data Entry Salary
Indeed.com reports that the average salary for Data Entry Clerk job postings on the site is $2,206 per month as of February 2020.
Best Job Interview > Free Job Descriptions > Data Entry
To Top of Page