The customer service job description gives you a good understanding of the tasks, responsibilities and skills involved in customer service work.
Although customer service jobs vary according to sector, the company and the level of the position the fundamental job requirements remain standard for the customer service function in an organization.
Select the details that apply to your position from this comprehensive job description.
Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face
- respond promptly to customer inquiries
- handle and resolve customer complaints
- obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
- provide pricing and delivery information
- perform customer verifications
- set up new customer accounts
- process orders, forms, applications and requests
- organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
- direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- manage customers' accounts
- keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- record details of actions taken
- prepare and distribute customer activity reports
- maintain customer databases
- manage administration
- communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- follow up on customer interactions
- provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- knowledge of relevant computer applications
- ability to type
- knowledge of administrative procedures
- numeric, oral and written language applications
- product knowledge
- interpersonal skills
- communication skills - verbal and written
- listening skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving
- attention to detail and accuracy
- data collection and ordering
- customer service orientation
- stress tolerance
Use this job description to clarify the customer service role in the organization
Use this customer service job description Part 2 to further develop your job description.
Customer Service Resume Help
Do you want help in creating your resume? Use the customer service resume template to structure your resume properly.
Customer Service Manager Resume
Entry Level Customer Service Resume
a powerful cover letter with you resume. View the
customer service cover letter and adapt it for your own
Customer Service Resume Objective Examples
Know how to answer frequently asked customer service interview questions
Recommended Customer Service Interview Help
Customer Service Job Description Resources
Customer Service Manager Job Description
Call Center Job Description
Retail Sales Job Description
Help Desk Job Description
Latest Update - Customer Service Salary
Indeed.com reports that the average salary for Customer Service Representative job postings on the site for the United States is $12.00 per hour as of June 2018.
Job Interviews > Job Descriptions > Customer Service Job
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page