Help Desk Resume
Develop a help desk resume that clearly demonstrates your ability to
provide efficient technical support relevant to the potential employer's
Get noticed as a help desk specialist who is able to solve problems
efficiently and achieve the right results. Help desk jobs are as much
about dealing effectively with people as they are about technical
Adapt the help desk resume objective examples to effectively show the company that you can handle all the specific job requirements and meet their help
desk position needs.
HELP DESK RESUME EXAMPLE
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking a position as a help desk technician in a demanding work environment.
To secure a position of help desk specialist where my technical problem-solving skills are well utilized.
A skilled help desk professional with over X years experience providing user support and solutions in high demand work environments. Expertise includes:
- Proven track record of efficiently diagnosing and resolving complex customer issues within agreed time scales.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of software applications and operating systems.
An independent and results-driven worker with a strong commitment to increasing staff productivity.
A solutions-focused help desk specialist skilled in providing rapid, in-depth customer support. Relevant skills include:
- Proven ability to diagnose problems, find the root cause and supply lasting solutions.
- Extensive end-user training experience.
- Experienced in communicating complex information in an easily understood format to a diverse customer base.
- Proficient in a number of operating systems and applications.
- A solid reputation for professionalism and responsiveness.
Help Desk Specialist
The Company, Chicago, IL
January 2016 - Date
- diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of software, hardware and network issues
- provide technical support for X number of diverse users nationally
- handle an average of X calls per day
- resolve X% of calls within company's X-minute requirement
- prioritize and escalate issues where required
- install, configure and modify hardware and software to ensure optimal performance
- plan and lead training sessions for new and existing users
- monitor, log and track all phases of help desk support
Help Desk Support
Atlantic Corporation, Chicago, IL
August 2011 - December 2015
- provided first-tier support and troubleshooting for technology products and applications
- performed physical set up of desktop hardware and software
- served on team installing hardware and software upgrades
- managed inventory and tracked all hardware and software used
Education and Qualifications
De Paul University, Chicago, IL
BA degree in Computing, 2011
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- platforms: Windows 10, Mac operating system, Unix, NetWare Servers
- applications: MS Office, Norton Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security, VMware
- strong knowledge of LAN, WAN and VPN
- solid knowledge of IT Help Desk system
- organizational and planning skills
- critical thinking
- attention to detail
- communication skills
- customer-service orientation
- problem analysis and resolution
- stress tolerance
- conflict resolution
- collaborative skills
Available on request.
Help desk duties, responsibilities and skills
Insert your own job information into the structure of this help desk resume sample. Get help from the help desk job description
Help desk resume keywords
Make sure your resume gets past the applicant tracking system by using the right help desk resume keywords. Carefully review the job posting to determine the essential job requirements and use the keywords that match these requirements in your resume. These will include:
- technical skills
- knowledge and experience
- qualifications and certifications
- core competencies
Help desk resume pages
Sample Cover Letters
Help desk job interviews
Help Desk Interview Questions
Typical Interview Questions
To Top of Page