Use this sample administrative assistant cover letter
to help you write your own job-winning letter. Send a cover letter with
your resume and get the reader's attention and interest.
Make sure that your admin assistant job application gets the consideration it deserves.
The cover letter is one of the most important documents of your job
A good cover letter will get your resume read and advance you to
the interview stage of the administrative assistant hiring process.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Example
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
In response to your job opening, please consider my resume in your search for an Administrative Assistant. I believe my background and skills closely match your job requirements and I am confident I can make a positive contribution to ABC Company.
Some of my key skills that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- over 5 years professional experience in an administrative capacity providing support and assistance to both a single department and multiple individuals throughout the company.
- in-depth experience in data management, research, report writing, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, organizing meetings and travel, event management and customer service.
- a comprehensive working knowledge of various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- an independent worker with a reputation as a resourceful problem-solver who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
- regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile
- proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands
If you are looking for a motivated administrative assistant who is committed to the highest standards of work performance I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion.
I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon
How to write a good administrative assistant cover letter
- To write an administrative assistant cover letter or email that gets the
hiring manager's attention and interest, study the job requirements
carefully and know which key skills the employer is looking for.
- This list of administrative assistant duties that apply to different admin assistant positions in a range of environments will help you develop a persuasive cover letter.
- Be sure
to highlight your strengths as they relate to these job requirements.
- Include the right keywords in your cover letter
Your administrative assistant resume
Understand the role of the administrative assistant
Gain a clear picture of the duties and skills of an administrative assistant professional in order to write a relevant and convincing cover letter.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description
Administrative assistant job interviews
Prepare for your job interview with these typical administrative
assistant interview questions with excellent interview answer guides.
How do I write a cover letter for an executive assistant and other admin jobs?
Use these excellent sample cover letters.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter
Secretary Cover Letter
Office Manager Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Tips
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Administrative Assistant
To Top of Page