Administrative Assistant Resume
Your entry level administrative assistant resume needs to emphasize your
qualifications and competencies for the job. Lack of work experience is the
challenge when applying for an entry level job.
This drawback can be minimized by focusing on your relevant
qualifications and the core skills you bring to the position and company.
There are many strengths that an entry level candidate can bring to the job including energy, enthusiasm, adaptability
and the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
In your entry level resume
refer to the relevant areas of competence you have developed during your
studies, any community or volunteer work, part-time jobs and internships.
ENTRY LEVEL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking an entry level administrative assistant position where my
organizational skills and computer proficiency will be well utilized.
An energetic and hard-working individual with a strong desire to succeed. Relevant strengths include:
- Detail-orientated and professional in both performance and presentation.
ability to plan and complete multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Able to learn
new tasks quickly and accurately.
- Experienced in communicating effectively at all levels.
- A team player
who is always willing to go the extra mile.
Broome Community College, Birmingham, NY
Business Skills Certificate 2019
Accounting, Accounting for a Service Business, Business
Law, Marketing, Computer Applications, Customer Service, Business Reports
Member College Business Society, Peer Tutor, Swimming, Softball,
Green Peace Volunteer
Green & Houghton Recruitment, Birmingham, NY
June 2017 - March 2019 (Part-time work concurrent with college studies)
- provided administrative support to the office
- answered and directed calls
- assisted applicants on the telephone and in-person
- scheduled appointments and managed calendars
- drafted and typed resumes
- prepared correspondence
- maintained database
- developed presentations on PowerPoint
- managed petty cash
- MS Office
- Email , Social Media and Internet
- Typing Speed - 60 WPM
organizational and planning skills
- attention to detail and accuracy
- information collection and management
- customer-service orientation
- communication skills
Available on request
What should I put on my entry level resume for an administrative assistant ?
- there are core competencies that are common to the vast majority of job
opportunities. Know what these are and highlight them in your resume
Administrative Assistant Job Description
- even if you lack work experience, these competencies, such as planning
and organizing, are evident in other aspects of your life including
your studies, your extracurricular activities and any part-time or volunteer
work you undertake
- solid computer skills are required in administrative jobs, include a
specific section in your resume for these
- check that your resume is presented in a clear and concise format. Avoid
trying to "pad out" your resume because you lack work experience
- be confident of your ability to do the job. As an enthusiastic
entry level employee you bring a number of key strengths to the job
including energy, motivation, versatility and a positive attitude
How do I write a resume objective for an entry level administrative assistant?
You can adapt the entry level administrative assistant resume objective statement above. You will also find help with writing an excellent entry level resume objective at entry level resume objectives.
Administrative entry level resumes
Administrative Assistant Resume
Resume Action Words
Resume Reference Page
Entry Level Administrative Assistant Resume Help
Entry level cover letters
Find out how to write an entry level cover letter with an excellent example at Entry Level Cover Letter Sample
Basic Cover Letter
50 Sample Cover Letters
Entry level job interviews
To Top of Page