Sample executive assistant job description to adapt for your own use.
Executive assistants typically function as support to high level executives and managers. They undertake a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities in a number of different industries.
The key tasks and competencies of an executive assistant or executive
administrative assistant job are clearly outlined in this sample job
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide personal administrative support and assistance to executive staff.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- design and maintain databases
- file and retrieve documents and reference materials
- conduct research, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents
- manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
- record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- answer and manage incoming calls
- receive and interact with incoming visitors
- liaise with internal staff at all levels
- interact with external clients
- co-ordinate project-based work
- review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- supervise, coach and train lower level staff
Education and Experience
- usually at least 3 years experience providing support at a high level
- proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelors degree an advantage
- organizational and planning skills
- communication skills
- information gathering and monitoring skills
- problem analysis and problem solving skills
- judgment and decision-making ability
- team member
- attention to detail and accuracy
Adapt this executive assistant job description to suit your particular requirements.
Do you want help with writing your resume? Use the sample Executive Assistant Resume to develop an effective resume.
Use this sample Executive Assistant Cover Letter to get your resume read and land the job interview.
Executive Assistant Job Description Pages
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Secretary Job Description
Office Manager Job Description
Sample Administrative Job Descriptions
Executive Assistant Resumes
Executive Assistant Sample Resume
Administrative Assistant Resume
Office Manager Resume
Executive Assistant Interviews
Executive Assistant Interview Questions
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions
Secretary Interview Questions
12 Core Competencies required for success in almost every job.
Top 10 Interview Questions asked in the job interview.
Latest Update - Salary Executive Assistant
reports that as of March 2018 the average salary for executive assistant
job postings in the United States is $53,800 per year.
Job postings for the title Executive Secretary showed an average salary of $38,000 per year.
Job Interviews > Sample Job Descriptions > Executive Assistant
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page