Accountant job description to adapt for your own use. The description
outlines what you need to know about the role of a junior accountant including the common tasks and general skill
requirements for these type of accountancy jobs.
The junior accountant position will vary from company to company and within different industries, however the key duties and responsibilities remain standard.
Adapt this job description for your own use.
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- prepare journal entries
- complete general ledger operations
- monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- draw up monthly financial reports
- prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- assist with year end closings
- administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- prepare tax computations and returns
- assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- assist with payroll administration
- monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- account/bank reconciliations
- review and process expense reports
- assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- knowledge of finance principles
- knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
- technical accounting skills
- previous experience of general accounting
- proficiency in relevant accounting software
- attention to detail and accuracy
- planning and organizing
- scheduling and monitoring
- communication skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- team work
A comprehensive job description for the senior accountant job.
Junior Accountant Job Description Pages
Accounting job descriptions for a range of accountancy jobs.
Accounts Receivable and Payable
Bookkeeper Job Description
Full job description for an accounting clerk job.
Job-Winning Accounting Resumes
Junior Accountant Resume
Entry Level Accounting Resume
Accounts Payable Resume
Accounts Receivable Resume
To view all accounting resumes
Sample accountant cover letter to format your own convincing job application cover letter.
The Accounting Interview
Are you preparing for a job interview? These accounting job interview questions are an excellent resource.
A full guide to the accountant interview.
Accounting Interview Tips
What do junior accountants make?
Latest Update - Junior Accountant Salary
report that the average junior accountant salaries for job postings on
their site in the United States as of January 2020 is $48,000.
Job Interviews > Job Descriptions > Accountant
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page