Use the accounts receivable job description to understand the common
accountancy job requirements and general expectations for the accounts
receivable position in an organization.
Gain a full understanding of the accounts receivable role. The overall function and scope of an accounts receivable clerk is to process and manage payments received and to provide related accounting and administrative support.
This well-structured job description can easily be adapted for your own use.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- maintain up-to-date billing system
- generate and send out invoices
- follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- perform account reconciliations
- monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- research and resolve payment discrepancies
- generate age analysis
- review AR aging to ensure compliance
- maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc
- process credit card payments
- prepare bank deposits
- investigate and resolve customer queries
- process adjustments
- develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- assist with month-end closing
- collect data and prepare monthly metrics
Education and Experience
- knowledge of accounts receivable
- knowledge of office administration and procedures
- knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- knowledge of general accounting principals
- proficient in relevant computer software
- knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- attention to detail and accuracy
- good verbal and written communication skills
- organizational skills
- information management
- problem analysis and problem solving skills
- team member
- stress tolerance
- sense of urgency
- customer service skills
This job description clearly spells out the duties and expectations of
the accounts receivable clerk or AR specialist. Customize it for your
Use this job description to write a winning accounts receivable resume
Do you want help with writing a resume? The sample accounts receivable resume provides an easy-to-use format for your own career details.
Always include a convincing accounts receivable cover letter with your resume.
Accounts receivable job description pages
Junior Accountant Job Description
Accounts Receivable Job Interviews
How to prepare for your accounts receivable interview.
Latest Update - Accounts Receivable Salary
Job postings on Indeed.com in the United States reflect an average salary for Accounts Receivable positions of $20.86 per hour as of
To Top of Page