Legal Secretary Resume
Sample legal secretary resume to customize for your own use. A persuasive resume is essential to getting your application noticed and securing the job interview.
Legal secretaries are expected to demonstrate a range of competencies in
their areas of specialization. Highlight your own skills, strengths and abilities
as they relate directly to the legal secretary job opportunity.
This well-structured resume will help you to organize your own job
information to best present your qualifications for the legal secretary
Sample Legal Secretary Resume
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking a position as an legal secretary in a challenging work environment.
A legal secretary position in a firm that recognizes hard work and commitment as key to successful job performance.
To secure the position of legal secretary in a corporate legal department.
Seven years experience as a legal secretary in a demanding environment. Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
An independent and self motivated professional with solid knowledge of legal procedures.
A self motivated professional with proven research skills and strict attention to detail. Areas of expertise include:
- demonstrated the use of accumulated knowledge and experience to exercise independent judgment and make valid decisions
- strong computer skills and outstanding communication skills
A resourceful and reliable team member.
A well qualified legal secretary with over eight years diverse experience in a large law firm. Relevant strengths include:
- proven track record in completing assignments independently, meeting deadlines efficiently, and producing high quality work
- strong administrative and legal practice skills and knowledge
- a hard working self-starter committed to superior client and attorney service
Baines, Jackson and Adler LLP, New York, NY
January 2019- Date
- provide high level secretarial and administrative support to three senior partners
- draft and manage correspondence
- process range of standard legal documents including contracts, appeals, warrants and subpoenas
- schedule legal meetings and appointments
- take and transcribe notes, minutes and dictation
- maintain schedules and calendars
- prepare legal forms including accident reports, applications and courtroom requests
- proofread and revise legal documents
- maintain files in accordance with state and federal documentation laws
- conduct legal research and collate information for partners
- collect records
- file motions
- follow up on court cases
- maintain law libraries
- interact extensively with clients from point of referral
Northside Legal Associates New York, NY
September 2013 - November 2018
- provided full secretarial support to four attorneys
- prepared legal documents, correspondence and papers
- filed court documents
- maintained court schedule
- scheduled meetings, hearing dates and depositions
- reviewed legal publications for information relevant to pending cases
- collated and submitted articles to attorneys
- handled incoming mail
- tracked and submitted attorneys' expenses
- assisted with billing
- set up and maintained litigation database
Devry College, New York, NY
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business Administration 2013
- MS Word
- Hummingbird Document Management
- in-depth working knowledge of legal procedures and terminology
- knowledge of local, state and federal filing rules
- transcription and typing skills (65wpm)
- excellent spelling and grammar skills
- communication skills
- organization and planning skills
- information collection and management
- attention to detail
- decision-making and judgment
- team work
Available on request
What are the duties of a legal secretary?
Insert your own job information into the structure of this sample legal secretary resume. Use the comprehensive legal secretary job description to gain a full understanding of the duties of a legal secretary.
Paralegal Job Description
Write a winning legal secretary cover letter
Craft a persuasive legal secretary cover letter to send with your resume.
Your legal secretary resume objective
A convincing and compelling legal secretary resume objective will get your resume noticed immediately. Use the sample legal secretary resume objectives and find further help at:
Objectives for Resumes
List of Workplace Strengths
Legal secretary resume pages
Sample Paralegal Resume
Paralegal Cover Letter
Executive Assistant Resume
Sample Legal Secretary Resume Template
Job interview questions
Secretary Interview Questions
Paralegal Interview Questions
Top 10 Interview Questions
To Top of Page