Sample Paralegal Resume
Job-winning sample paralegal resume to adapt for your own use.
and well written resume is key to getting your resume read and taking you to the
next stage in the paralegal employment process.
This well-structured resume will help you to
competently organize your job-relevant information and clearly present your
suitability for the paralegal job whatever your area of specialization.
SAMPLE PARALEGAL RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
To secure the position of paralegal in a general law office.
Six years diverse experience as a paralegal providing support to five attorneys. Key areas of expertise include:
- strong research, investigative, analytical and writing skills
- in-depth knowledge of e-discovery procedures
- excellent planning and organizational skills together with proven resourcefulness and initiative enable the successful management of multiple assignments simultaneously
A valued team member who is able to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
A self motivate paralegal professional with proven research, information analysis and writing skills. Relevant experience includes:
- responsible for drafting legal documents
- reviewing and editing documents
- conducting interviews
- monitoring schedules and deadlines
- preparing reports
A resourceful team member experienced in handling a wide range of paralegal activities.
A well qualified paralegal with over six years diverse experience in a large law firm.
- Proven track record in legal research, drafting legal documents and case preparation.
- Extensive knowledge of legal terminology, general law and legal proceedings.
- Outstanding organizational skills enable competent management of multiple complex assignments.
- Discreet and resourceful team worker who thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
Jones & Associates, New York, NY
January 2016 - Date
- handle multiple case management responsibilities through entire litigation cycle for busy practice group
- co-ordinate, prepare and interpret complex legal documents including pleadings, motions, briefs, interrogatories, responses, agreements and legal memoranda
- carry out legal research in databases and libraries
- investigate case facts and compile factual support for briefs and motions
- review and edit legal documents
- assist with e-discovery using Concordance, CaseMap and the internet
- present data and research findings orally and in writing
- prepare and issue subpoenas
- plan, schedule and summarize depositions and expert reports
- locate, interview and prepare witnesses
- organize trial preparation and support including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders
- prepare appeals
- build, maintain and manage relevant databases and files
Dawson & Conrad LLP, New York, NY
August 2010 - November 2015
- provided legal and administrative support to four attorneys
- prepared legal documents including pleadings, petitions, memoranda and correspondence
- performed legal research using Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis
- cite-checked and shepardized legal documents
- recorded and monitored court appearance schedule, pleadings and filing requirements
- tracked and recorded billable hours for each case
- prepared litigation reports, trial notebooks and subpoenas
- maintained and updated in-house law library
Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies, 2009
New York Paralegal School, New York, NY
ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate, 2010
- MS Office
- knowledge of local, state and federal laws
- interview techniques and methods
- principles and practices of legal communication
- oral communication skills
- writing skills
- organization and planning skills
- research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- information collection and management
- attention to detail
- decision-making and judgment
- team work
- stress tolerance
Available on request
What are the duties,responsibilities and skills of a paralegal?
Insert your own job information into the structure of this sample paralegal resume.
Use the comprehensive paralegal job description
to help you ensure you include all the necessary details in your resume.
For a detailed list of paralegal duties and responsibilities for different
areas of specialization including:
- personal injury
- corporate law
- criminal law
- labor and employment
- intellectual property
- family law
- real estate
- insurance law
go to paralegal duties
What Does a Paralegal Do?
How to write a convincing paralegal resume objective
The good resume objective statement examples above can be adapted for your own use. Other pages that will help you write a winning paralegal resume objective include:
Objectives for Resumes
List of Workplace Strengths
Always include a well written paralegal cover letter
A persuasive cover letter gets your job application and resume noticed. This sample paralegal cover letter will help you develop your own winning resume cover letter.
Paralegal Cover Letter
Paralegal Resume Pages
Sample Paralegal Resume Template
Sample Legal Secretary Resume
Law Librarian Resume
Paralegal Job Interviews
Paralegal Interview Questions
Common Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Resume Samples > Sample Paralegal Resume
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page