Bar Manager Job Description
Sample bar manager job description clearly lays out the tasks and competencies associated with the position of bar manager.
This job includes a wide variety of activities in a number of different work environments ranging from local bars and restaurants to party and hotel venues.
Whatever the working environment, the core duties related to this
function remain standard and are comprehensively listed here.
You can customize this job description to meet the
needs of the specific bar manager position.
BAR MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including managing staff,
ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining
procedures for maximum operating efficiency.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- set objectives and targets for beverage unit/bar
- determine staff needs and recruit staff
- performance manage staff
- assess development needs and train and coach staff
- delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- set and monitor quality and service standards for staff
- communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff
- direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
- ensure staff operate within company policies
- organize and adjust staff rotas and schedules in accordance with available resources and labor regulations
- oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set
- resolve customer complaints promptly
- monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar area
- promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene
standards and regulations
- oversee accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete
- ensure adherence to cash management procedures
- ensure adherence to stock control procedures
- monitor and order supplies
- liaise with suppliers and sales representatives
- confirm that procurement of supplies is on the best possible terms
- make certain all deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is
- check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage
- oversee the bar display to maximize functionality and attractiveness
- set, monitor and control budget for the beverage unit/bar
- plan and implement cost control measures
- plan and implement systems to maximize sales and revenue
- organize promotional activities
- generate and present financial reports
- implement improvements for products and service
- maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and
- stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol, sale of
tobacco and licensing
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- tertiary qualification preferred
- experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation
- complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- knowledge of business management principles and practices
- knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- knowledge of cost control procedures
- knowledge of human resource management practices
- knowledge of administrative procedures
- knowledge of relevant computer applications
- organizing and planning
- resource allocation and management
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
- team member
Put together a job-winning resume. Use this resume template to insert the relevant bar manager job description information.
Sample Manager Resumes
a convincing cover letter with your resume. These cover letter samples
will help you develop your own excellent cover letter.
Supervisor Cover Letter
Manager Cover Letter
Basic Cover Letter
Bar Manager Job Description Resources
Bartender Job Description
Waiter Job Description
Restaurant General Manager Job Description
Barista Job Description
Bar Manager Job Description Template
Get ready for the job interview with these manager job interview questions
Supervisor Interview Questions
This guide to what makes a good manager? lists common manager skills and competencies.
This question is often asked in job interviews for managerial positions so it is important to be ready for it.
Job Interviews > Job Descriptions > Restaurant Jobs > Bar Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page