Sample Bartender Job Description
Sample bartender job description clearly outlines the job activities, tasks
and requirements for the position of bartender.
It is important to have a full and formal job description for this job in order to clarify performance expectations and job requirements for the employee.
Whether the bartender is
employed in a restaurant, bar, tavern or other hospitality business the core
duties remain standard. This job description is easy to customize for your specific needs.
BARTENDER JOB DESCRIPTION
Prepare, mix and serve drinks and beverages correctly to either customers
directly or through serving staff.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- greet customers and present beverage menus
- make recommendations and answer all related inquiries
- check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking
- take orders from serving staff or directly from customers
- record drink orders accurately into register system
- prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with
- peel, slice and pit fruit for
- mix and garnish cocktails according to standard specs
- serve snacks to customers seated at the bar
- upsell drink and snack items to customers
- respond promptly to requests
from customers in a polite and professional fashion
- attempt to limit problems related to customers' excessive drinking by following
- process transactions using the POS system
- prepare checks for customers
- process customer payments
- arrange glasses and bottles into attractive and functional displays
- ensure clean glasses, bar equipment and working areas
- comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- balance the cash register at the start and close of each shift
- monitor inventory
- order and restock bar inventory
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma preferred
- minimum age requirement of 21 years
- working knowledge of standard drink recipes
- working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and
- working knowledge of bar equipment
- knowledge and education in mixology an advantage
- numeracy and cash-handling skills
- able to work flexible schedules
- able to work in a standing position for long periods
- be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds
- customer service orientation
- communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- team member
- high energy level
- handle a fast-paced work environment
- honesty and integrity
These restaurant industry job descriptions will help you with your bartender job description.
Bar Manager Job Description
Prepare a convincing resume using this bartender resume template. Insert the details contained in this bartender job description.
Send a cover letter with your resume. This winning bartender cover letter can be adapted for your own use.
Preparing for a job interview? Use these common interview questions with sample answers to help you.
Waiter Job Description
Barista Job Description
Restaurant General Manager Job Description
Restaurant Job Descriptions
Bartender Job Description Template
Job Interviews > Free Job Descriptions > Restaurant Jobs > Bartender
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page