Top Secretary Interview Tips
Succeed in your secretary interview with these excellent interview tips.
There are a number of key steps to take to prepare for your interview.
- Be ready with good answers to typical secretarial interview questions.
- Have good examples ready to answer the competency interview questions you can expect
- Have a list of good questions to ask the interviewer
Towards the end of your job interview you will be asked "Do you have any questions?" Have about 5 to 7 insightful questions ready to ask and impress the interviewer with your preparation and professionalism.
appropriate questions to ask from the list below and use the secretarial interview
tips and techniques to stand out from the competition.
Questions to ask in your secretary job interview
- What are the top priorities in this secretarial job?
- What are your expectations of the right candidate for this secretary job?
- What would you consider to be the most important ability for success in this job?
- What are the key short term goals for this department?
- What would you describe as the department's current strengths and weaknesses?
- As a manager what do you consider to be the main challenges in this secretary job?
- How is success measured in this job?
- How will the successful candidate's performance in this job be reviewed?
- Please describe a typical daily schedule in this job?
- What is a typical work week?
- What sort of responsibilities would you want to include in this position?
- How would you describe the typical management style in the company?
- How does the company encourage learning and development of it's employees?
- What would you consider to be the biggest opportunity/challenge facing this organization?
- Why is this secretarial vacancy open?
Secretary Interview Questions and Answers
Prepare for the secretary interview questions you will be asked in your secretary job interview.
Expect these frequently asked competency-based interview questions in your secretary interview.
What should I wear to a secretary interview?
business attire may becoming more popular but it still a good rule of
thumb to wear formal, business-like clothes to your secretary job
interview. This makes a great first impression and shows respect for the
Find out more about how to dress for an interview
Secretarial Interview Tips
are looking for secretaries or administrative professionals with
excellent communication skills. Avoid these common communication
mistakes in your secretary interview.
- Using non-words
like "um" and "you know" and "like" indicate a lack of preparation,
confidence and professionalism. If you are stuck just take a pause and
breathe while you gather your thoughts.
- Making grammatical errors and not speaking in complete sentences.
too fast makes you appear nervous and makes it difficult to follow your
answers. To avoid rushing your words you can count two or three beats
in your head before answering questions and the end of your sentences.
- Using negative words like " kind of", "sort of" and "perhaps". Use positive words like "I am confident that..."
the interviewer. Giving full attention to what other people are saying
and taking the time to understand questions are key skills for a
Your Secretarial Job Search
Job Interviews > Secretary Job Interview > Questions to Ask
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page