Medical receptionist job description for use by front desk medical receptionists and medical office assistants.
The duties will vary slightly depending on the employment environment - doctor's office, clinic, healthcare practice or hospital. However the core functions and requirements of the medical receptionist job remain standard.
Edit this job description example to meet the requirements of your specific medical receptionist position.
Attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the healthcare environment and support delivery of quality patient care.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- greet patients
- register patients according to established protocols
- assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation including medical insurance
- ensure patient information is accurate including billing information
- inform patients of medical office procedures and policy
- maintain and manage patient records
- move patients through appointments as scheduled
- answer incoming calls and deal with inquiries
- transfer calls as required
- schedule patient appointments
- collect co-pays and payments
- report statistics as required
- schedule hospital admissions, tests, scans and outside appointments for patients
- obtain external medical reports as required by medical professionals
- respond and comply to requests for information
- deal with incoming and outgoing post
- complete other clerical duties as assigned
- maintain stock of forms and office supplies
- ensure reception area is well maintained, neat and clean
- safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality
Education and Experience
- high school diploma
- knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis
- knowledge of computer and relevant software applications
- knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
- working knowledge of healthcare insurance preferred
- communication skills
- information collection and management
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- customer service skills
View the general receptionist job description for further information and job details.
Develop a convincing resume using the sample medical receptionist resume
Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionist Job Description Pages
Receptionist Duties and Skills
Dental Receptionist Job Description
Medical Office Manager Job Description
Dental Office Manager Job Description
Medical Receptionist Job Description Template
Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionist Job Interview Help
Receptionist Interview Questions
Secretary Interview Questions
Common Interview Questions
Latest Update - Medical Receptionist Salary
reports that the average salary for job postings on the site for
US-based Medical Receptionist jobs is $14.00 per hour as of May 2018.
Best Job Interview > Free Job Descriptions > Medical Receptionist
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page