Dental Office Manager
Job Description Sample
The dental office manager job description outlines in a clear and concise format the essential duties, responsibilities and skill requirements of this office management job.
This individual, also referred to as a dental practice manager, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the dental office and undertakes a broad spectrum of tasks in fulfilling this important role.
Busy healthcare environments demand specific office management skills
and a special type of professional to carry these out. These jobs
provide an excellent opportunity for growth and development in the
Adapt this dental office manager job description for your own use.
DENTAL OFFICE MANAGER
Ensure the efficient running of the dental office in accordance with established procedures and protocols
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- respond efficiently to patient and doctor needs and inquiries
- ensure the delivery of quality dental care to patients
- resolve patient issues in accordance with company policies and procedures, healthcare regulations and dental board standards
- manage patient scheduling and direct patient traffic flow
- present treatment plans to patients
- organize and present financial arrangements to patients
- arrange payment schedules with patients
- oversee the processing of dental claims
- coordinate with dental insurance companies to ensure claims are paid
- manage specialist referral process
- recruit and select office staff to meet operational requirements
- train, develop and performance manage staff to meet performance standards
- determine staff schedules and ensure operational standards are met
- manage employee relations and make certain staff have the necessary resources and support
- monitor and maintain the office budget
- organize and oversee supply purchases, equipment upgrades and operations expenses
- complete administrative functions including bank deposits, revenue
posting, staff payroll and invoice processing
- oversee collections and accounts receivable
- write business correspondence and reports
- run and analyze management reports
- support marketing and promotion initiatives
- maintain patient data according to regulations and company policies
- ensure that records are stored securely and in compliance with privacy and security regulations
- take responsibility for the appearance and functionality of the office
- maintain facilities and equipment in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations including OSHA
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree preferred
- management or supervisory experience, preferably in healthcare
- knowledge of dental terminology
- knowledge of dental office procedures
- knowledge of accounting and administrative principles and procedures
- knowledge of insurance plans and claims processing
- knowledge of Dentrix or similar software often required
- knowledge of MS Office
- communication skills
- planning and organizing
- problem analysis and problem solving skills
- judgment and decision-making skills
- team work
- customer service orientation
Dental Office Manager Job Description Pages
Dental Office Manager Duties
Office Manager Job Description
Healthcare Job Descriptions
Medical Office Manager Job Description
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Dental Receptionist Job Description
Nurse Job Description
Dental Office Manager Resume
Easy-to-adapt excellent sample dental office manager resume.
What are the Skills for a Good Dental Office Manager?
Employers have highlighted the following 3 key skills as essential for a good dental office manager.
skills including the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely
and the ability to listen carefully and ask the right questions to gain
clarity and the correct understanding of the patient's needs.
- planning and organizing including the ability to schedule duties and activities according to the correct priorities.
- judgment and problem solving including the ability to determine the correct course of action based on logical and factual information.
Office Manager Job Interviews
Office Manager Interview Questions
What Makes a Good Manager?
Dental Office Manager Job Application Pages
Office Manager Resume
Medical Receptionist Resume
Latest Update - Dental Office Manager Salary
reports that as of October 2019 the average salary for Dental Office
Manager jobs in the United States is $44,000 per year.
Best Job Interview > Sample Job Descriptions > Dental Office Manager Job Description
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page