Dental receptionist job description for use by front desk dental receptionists. Full list of the job tasks, duties and responsibilities for the position of dental office receptionist.
Visits to the dentist are often considered nerve-wracking! A friendly and helpful receptionist makes all the difference.
The core competencies and skills required for successful job performance as a
dental receptionist are clearly detailed. Adapt this job description for
dental reception jobs for your own use.
Attend to patients on the phone and in person. Co-ordinate and organize appointments and administration to facilitate the efficient running of the dental office.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- greet patients
- register new patients according to established office protocols
- assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation
- verify and update patient information
- inform patients of dental office procedures and policy
- move patients through appointments as scheduled
- enter all relevant patient information into data system
- maintain and manage patient records in compliance with privacy and security regulations
- answer and manage incoming calls
- respond and comply to requests for information
- schedule patient appointments
- confirm upcoming appointments and recalls according to office protocol
- check daily appointment schedule
- arrange patient charts for next day appointments
- fill in cancellations and no-shows
- organize referrals to other medical specialists
- dispatch lab work appropriately
- collect and receipt payments from patients at time of treatment
- inform patients of financial treatment plan options
- arrange payment schedule with patients
- prepare and mail billing statements
- prepare claim forms for dental insurance
- arrange supporting documents for insurance claims
- sort and distribute incoming and outgoing post
- monitor and maintain inventory of dental office supplies
- update patient education materials
- maintain a professional reception area
- safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality
Education and Experience
- general education degree or high school diploma
- knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and diagnosis
- knowledge of computer and relevant software applications
- knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
- working knowledge of dental insurance
Key Competencies and Skills
- communication skills
- information collection and management
- planning and organizing
- customer service skills
- team work
Dental Receptionist Job Description Pages
Dental Office Manager Job Description
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Office Manager Job Description
Receptionist Job Description
Dental Office Manager Duties List
Dental Receptionist Job Description Template
Dental Receptionist Resume Help
Do you want to create a professional resume? Use these sample resumes to help you.
Medical Receptionist Resume
Always send a receptionist cover letter with your job application and resume.
Dental Receptionist Interviews
Are you going to a job interview? Be well prepared with these common receptionist interview questions.
Clerical Interview Questions
Admin Assistant Interview Questions
Adapt this dental receptionist job description to suit your own purposes.
Latest Update - Dental Receptionist Salary
reports that postings on the site for US-based Dental Receptionist jobs
show an average salary of $15.22 per hour as of January 2019.
Job Interviews > Free Job Descriptions > Dental Receptionist
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page