Production Manager Resume
Easy-to-adapt sample production manager resume.
Use the structure of this production management resume to create your own persuasive and professional resume.
Production manager job requirements will vary according to the industry
and organization. The key is to highlight the scope of your experience,
your skills and strengths as they relate to the specific production
manager job opportunity to convince the employer of your suitability.
resume focuses on the information a prospective employer wants,
including your profile (a dynamic summary of your job-related
competencies), your experience and skills, your achievements and your
relevant behavioral attributes.
Highlight the contribution you can make by clearly quantifying your accomplishments and production experience with facts and figures.
Production Manager Resume
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Production manager in a high-volume production facility
Production management professional with over X years experience in large, fast-paced, multi-line facilities. Proven track record of achieving sustained improvements in quality, cost and delivery functions.
Demonstrated ability to:
- effectively lead, coach and develop a large work team to accomplish operational objectives.
- identify, diagnose and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems within deadlines.
- plan work flow, manage multiple priorities and meet daily production targets while consistently reducing downtime.
- develop new procedures and processes to improve production accuracy.
- set up health and safety audit procedures and improve safety efficiencies.
- competently utilize Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, SPC and related process improvement techniques to ensure the most cost-effective manufacturing process.
- establish and maintain acceptable quality levels for all assigned products.
- interpret and develop reports including standard operating procedures.
- efficiently set and control operational budgets.
Power Components, Detroit, MI
January 2014 - Date
- develop and execute production schedules based on business demands
- maximize effectiveness of production team, equipment and materials to produce multi-line products within planned schedules while reducing costs
- manage high volume manufacturing of more than X products per month
- attain a sustained improvement of X% in productivity over the last year
- develop and track cost improvement projects to reduce production costs by X%
- increase production accuracy by X%
- lead, develop and evaluate production staff of X members
- manage activities related to strategic purchasing to minimize operating expenses
- control inventory and raw material handling
- ensure safe work environment through implementation of safety awareness programs and compliance with OHSA
- design, implement and audit quality control processes
- develop technical documents including instruction manuals and procedure manuals
- manage scheduling of shipping dates for all incoming orders
- responsible for a X% reduction in missed shipments
- assist with new cost quotes and price quotations for products
- cost, plan and control a $X operating budget
Dawson Manufacturing, Auburn Hills, MI
September 2006 - November 2013
- supervised the daily set-ups and start-ups of production equipment
- supervised the assembly and packing of high volume runs
- monitored cost and quality of production
- integrated and developed new team members
- implemented preventive maintenance program for production facilities
- instituted and monitored safe work practice procedures to maintain an injury-free and efficient production facility
- conducted quality control inspections
- achieved a consistent record of improving production runs and reducing costs
Education and Certifications
Kettering University, Flint, MI
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering 2006
APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management 2009
- MS Office
- proficient in MRP/ERP systems
- thorough knowledge of safety standards and compliance
- thorough knowledge of quality standards and systems
- knowledge of testing techniques and methodologies
- in-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques
- knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation and human resources
- problem analysis and resolution
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- judgment and decision-making
- stress tolerance
Available on request
Use the detailed production manager job description to adapt this sample production manager resume for your own use.
How to write a convincing production manager resume objective.
Always include a convincing production manager cover letter with your resume.
Operations Manager Job Description
Production Supervisor Resume
Production Manager Resume Template
Sample Cover Letters
Management Job Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Resume Samples > Sample Production Manager Resume
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page