Registered Nurse Resume
An effective registered nurse resume will get you noticed and put you in a strong position to secure the nursing job you want.
Create an initial impact by summarizing your skills and experience in
the registered nurse resume objective statement. Show the prospective employer exactly what you
SAMPLE REGISTERED NURSE RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
A challenging RN position in a busy healthcare environment.
Competent and committed Registered Nurse with over 6 years experience in a large urban healthcare setting. Proven expertise in pre-operative and post-operative patient care, emergency room and acute patient care.
Offers the following excellent skills and experience:
- acute observation and assessment skills
- extensive practice in developing and implementing effective nursing care plans to diverse patient populations
- verified use of sound judgment with clinical expertise to ensure optimal patient care
- establishment of successful working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- complete knowledge of perioperative nursing care
- good understanding of operative procedures and required patient preparation
- knowledge of symptoms and complications associated with surgery and anesthesia including initial treatment
- proven ability to handle emergency situations in an effective and professional manner
Thorough working knowledge of :
- life support and emergency procedures
- intravenous therapy and fluid and electrolyte balance
- ventilator care
- wound care
- pain management
- actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents
- patient and family education
A self-motivated and dedicated patient-focused nursing professional with high energy levels.
Greenside General Hospital, Dayton, OH
January 2018 - Date
- provide comprehensive nursing care for preoperative and post-operative patients
- perform accurate and complete assessments of patients throughout perioperative period
- plan, implement and evaluate effective nursing care throughout perioperative process
- conduct ongoing surveillance to immediately identify medical and surgical complications
- perform aseptic surgical prep and monitor aseptic practices
- supervise and document sponge, needle and instrument counts
- assist with OR clean-up and stocking
- document activities and care interventions
- communicate with physician regarding changes in patient status, patient needs and recommendations
- utilize clinical expertise in intravenous therapy, catheterization, ventilation care, wound care and pain management techniques
- monitor and maintain established safety, environmental and infection control standards
- consult on adequate home care for patients
Emergency Room Registered Nurse
Union Medical Center, Dayton, OH
October 2013 - December 2017
- provided initial assessments for patients visiting the emergency department
- assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated nursing care for all levels and ages of emergency patients
- prioritized patient care based on of acuity level and resource availability
- collaborated with physicians to provide quality patient care
- assisted physicians during treatments and procedures
- monitored and recorded patient status on computerized documentation system
- coordinated patient discharge
- provided patients and family members with relevant healthcare education and instructions
College of Nursing, Kent State University, OH
Associate Degree in Nursing, 2013
Licensure and Certifications
Current Licensure by Ohio Board of Nursing as Registered Nurse (include license number and expiry date)
Available on request
Your nursing cover letter
Include a persuasive nursing cover letter with your resume.
Develop your own resume using the framework of this registered nurse resume sample. The practical registered nurse job description will help you develop your own nursing resume.
How to write a winning registered nurse resume objective
Your nursing resume objective should quickly convince the reader of your suitability for the job opportunity. The nurse resume objective example provided above can easily be adapted for your own use. You can find further help with writing a job-winning resume objective at:
Effective Objectives for Resumes
Should you include your nursing license on your resume?
It is important that you include your nursing license number, state of licensure and the expiry date on your resume, particularly if you are submitting your resume directly to a healthcare facility, hiring manager or recruiter.
If you are concerned that submitting your license number may lead to privacy issues you can protect yourself by not including it if you are posting your resume in a public place that is accessible to anyone.
Include any additional nursing certifications you have that are relevant to the job opportunity.
Your nursing job application
Tips on Writing a ResumeList of Workplace Strengths
Nurse job interviews
To Top of Page