An effective marketing internship cover letter will highlight the right mix of skills and competencies to secure you the marketing intern position.
7 top capabilities employers want from a marketing intern include:
- data management and analysis
- critical thinking and problem-solving
- excellent overall communication skills (verbal, written and technological)
- solid working knowledge of digital tools, platforms and channels
- creativity and innovation
- energy and enthusiasm
- wide-ranging commercial awareness
Marketing Internship Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Joe Chambers
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Chambers
As a results-driven and hard working individual committed to excelling in marketing I attach my resume with the goal of obtaining an internship with your company.
The following relevant details support my belief that I can effectively contribute to your marketing intern program:
- senior marketing student at Hofstra University with a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- strong data collection, analysis and interpretation skills evident in my course work assignments and professional experience conducting market research for a local beverage company
- skilled in exercising resourcefulness and self-direction to independently complete complex coursework projects while also able to collaborate effectively on group projects
- working knowledge of digital marketing channels including website development and content creation
- expertise in social media platforms with a strong understanding of social media trends - I currently coordinate several social media campaigns as a volunteer for the Civic Action Center
- proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- keen participation in wide-ranging campus activities including Intramural Soccer, Photography Club, Student Journal and Student Leadership and Engagement
I am particularly enthusiastic about the cross-functional and
hands-on marketing experience your internship offers. I would welcome
the opportunity to put my passion to work for you while growing my marketing and critical thinking skills.
resume expands on my coursework and experience and I trust you will find it of interest. Thank you
for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you
How do you write a cover letter for an internship?
7 key steps to follow when writing an internship cover letter include:
- address your cover letter to an individual not a job title or Dear Sir/Madam. Do your research to confirm the name and title of the person to whom the letter should be addressed.
- customize your cover letter to the specific internship you are applying for
- highlight those skills, strengths and competencies that make you a suitable candidate for the internship by using the right keywords
- carefully consider the job description to ensure you focus on relevant details in your cover letter
- energy, commitment and motivation are key to success as an intern so clearly articulate your enthusiasm for the specific internship opportunity
- refer to relevant academic achievements, volunteer work, computer skills and extra-curricular activities to showcase your potential as an intern
- close your cover letter strongly with a call to action
Sample Internship Cover Letter
How to write a winning internship resume
Easy-to-personalize internship resume example.
Internship Resume Objectives
Your marketing internship job interview
Be ready for success in your internship interview with these excellent preparation tools.
Internship Interview Questions and Answers
Internship Interview Tips
Always follow up after your internship interview with a well written thank you letter.
Internship Interview Thank You
Marketing internship cover letter pages
Marketing Cover Letter
Marketing Assistant Cover Letter
Create a Cover Letter that gets the right results
Cover Letter Template
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Marketing Internship Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page