Human resources job description for a human resources generalist.
human resources job function may vary from company to company and
according to different job levels but the standard human resources
activities and responsibilities for the majority of HR positions are
clearly outlined in this sample job description.
Select those tasks and job requirements that apply to the HR job you are specifying.
To effectively manage the human resources of an organization to optimize productivity, profitability and employee satisfaction.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- plan and manage recruitment and selection of staff
- plan and conduct new employee orientation
- identify and manage training and development needs for employees
- develop and implement human resources policies and procedures
- administer HR policies and procedures
- administer compensation and benefits
- ensure compensation and benefits are in line with company policies and legislation
- benchmark compensation and benefits
- support annual salary review
- implement and monitor performance management system
- handle employee complaints, grievances and disputes
- administer employee discipline processes
- conduct exit interviews
- review and update employee rules and regulations
- maintain the human resource information system and
- coordinate employee safety, welfare and wellness
- maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions
Education and Experience
- degree or diploma in human resources management, business administration or equivalent
- generalist human resources experience
- knowledge of the principles and practices of HR management
- knowledge of business principles
- knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- knowledge of relevant software
- organizing and planning
- problem analysis and problem solving
- judgment skills
- critical thinking skills
- communication skills
- presentation skills
- coaching skills
- persuasive ability
Prepare a professional resume using the sample human resources resumes
Send a winning human resources cover letter with your job application.
HR Job Interviews
Preparing for an interview? The human resources interview questions with sample answers will set you up for success.
The complete guide to the HR interview
Trainer Interview Questions
Typical Interview Questions
Human Resources Job Descriptions
Training Coordinator Job Description
Recruiter Job Description
Human Resources Job Description Template
Latest Update - Human Resources Salary
to Indeed.com the average salary for Human Resources Generalist job
postings on the site is $54,500 per year as of May 2018.
A Human resources Manager averages $69,500 and a HR Coordinator averages $43,000 per year.Best Job Interview
> Free Job Descriptions > Human Resources
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page