English Teacher Cover Letter Example
Your English teacher cover letter is the first interaction you have with the school where you want to work so it is essential that it sets the stage for your resume to receive serious attention.
There are 3 basic building blocks to create a productive teacher cover letter:
- get the reader's attention with a professional format and a convincing introduction
- generate interest by clearly articulating how your credentials, skills and experience closely match the teaching job requirements
- get the reader to take action with a strong cover letter closing
Sample English Teacher Cover Letter
Your contact details(phone and email)
Mr Jeffrey Davies
Lexington Public Schools
140 Maple Street
Lexington, MA 02420
Dear Mr Davies
Your recent job posting for an English teacher has captured my serious interest. I am confident that my qualifications, skills and experience provide me with the capabilities to fulfill the position and add significant value to the school.
Please accept my resume for your review and allow me to briefly highlight some key points:
- skilled in employing a differentiated approach to provide a student-centered learning environment that encourages resourcefulness and critical thinking while promoting tolerance, respect and emotional security for a diverse student group
- development of innovative instructional strategies, materials and methodologies to address varied student needs
- optimal utilization of a range of diagnostic assessments to closely monitor progress towards the achievement of curriculum goals and student performance objectives
- track record of maximizing the educational achievement of each student resulting in an overall x% increase in test scores
- in-depth and current subject matter knowledge including English Literature, Language Arts and Composition for Grades 9 to 12
- establishment of a literature club, student blog and debating groups resulting in a marked increase in positive student engagement
My commitment to ensuring each student is provided with the capabilities necessary to become successful and contributing members of a dynamic community is evident in my availability to students and parents beyond the instructional day and my ongoing professional development activities relevant to the student population.
I am very enthusiastic about this opportunity to work with Lexington Public Schools as your commitment to providing a holistic education for each and every student is well known. I would love to meet with you, at your earliest convenience, to discuss this further.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
How do I write a good cover letter for an English teacher?
- enthusiasm and commitment are two key criteria for success as a teacher so be sure to highlight these qualities in your English teacher cover letter
- demonstrate why you are particularly suited to this specific English teaching job, the school and the student population
- focus on those skills and strengths that make you an excellent educator in today's challenging environment
- close your cover letter with a strong call to action
- highlight your English language skills with a well written, error-free and articulate cover letter
Teacher Cover Letter Tips
Generic Teacher Cover Letter
How do I write a compelling English teacher resume?
This sample English teacher resume is simple to adapt for your own use.
English teacher cover letter pages
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
Sample Teacher Cover Letter
12 Core Competencies
English teacher job interviews
Stand out as a winning teaching candidate in your job interview with these excellent teacher interview guides.
Teacher Interview Questions and Answers
Questions to Ask in your teaching interview
Best Job Interview > Sample Cover Letters > English Teacher Cover Letter Example
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page