Data Entry Job Description
The data entry job description clearly lists the key tasks and responsibilities for a data entry position.
Data entry employment is a wide field. Sometimes referred to as a key
entry operator, data entry specialist, data entry clerk or an
information processing worker these are the common core functions and
data entry skills of the job.
Edit this detailed job description for your own purposes.
To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- check source documents for accuracy
- verify data and correct data where necessary
- obtain further information for incomplete documents
- update data and delete unnecessary files
- combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- transcribe information into required electronic format
- scan documents into document management systems or databases
- check completed work for accuracy
- store completed documents in designated locations
- maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- print information when required
- comply with data integrity and security policies
- maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- formal computer training an advantage
- proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- planning and organizing
- information collection and management
- problem solving
- attention to detail
- decision making skills
- communication skills
- ability to work under pressure
Do you want to create a professional resume? Use this data entry resume sample to help you.
Data Entry Job Resources
Clerical Job Description
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Secretary Job Description
Sample Administrative Job Descriptions
Data Entry Resume Resources
Sample Resume for Data Entry
Data Entry Resume Objectives
Administrative Assistant Resume
Use this sample cover letter to get your resume noticed.
Are you preparing for a data entry interview? These sample clerical interview questions will help you.
Secretary Interview Questions
Insert your own job information into this data entry job description template.
Latest Update - Data Entry Salary
Indeed.com reports that the average salary for Data Entry Operator/Clerk job postings on the site is $21,000 as of September 2016.
Best Job Interview > Free Job Descriptions > Data Entry
To Top of Page