Sample Waiter Cover Letter
Use this sample waiter cover letter to convince the employer that you are the
best person for the job.
This is an opportunity to highlight any relevant
experience and the skills and strengths you bring to the waiter position in a
Your cover letter is designed to encourage the employer to give your job
application serious consideration. Stand out from the crowd with a winning
resume cover letter.
WAITER COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Christine Gallo
20 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
I enthusiastically submit my application for the waiter position you
recently advertised on XYZ.com.
I am confident that my experience as an energetic and hard working
customer-service professional will provide the skills you are looking for. I am
forwarding my resume for your review and consideration.
Some key points that you will find relevant to your job opportunity include:
- Track record of meeting and exceeding the needs of each customer in a
warm and sincere fashion.
- A passion for food and a good knowledge of beverages.
- Knowledgeable about appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Excellent memory and capable of reciting, explaining and promoting a
wide range of menu items.
- Skilled in keeping record of multiple orders and accurately processing
Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment.
- Verifiable record of reliably completing shift requirements.
I pride myself on welcoming and engaging each customer in a friendly
manner, responding quickly to their needs and efficiently resolving any
concerns they may have. I would welcome the opportunity to meet
with you to further discuss the waiter job opportunity.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Useful waiter cover letter phrases
These are the skills and competencies employers generally look for in a
waiter, waitress or server.
Use these phrases to build your own relevant cover
- Proven ability to efficiently multitask to meet demands
- Solid working knowledge of hygiene and safety standards and
- Familiar with a wide range of food preparation methods.
- Excellent track record of up-selling menu items.
- Proficient in handling a range of financial transactions with a high
degree of accuracy.
- Able to deliver food promptly and professionally and provide
excellent follow up service.
- Quick to develop a complete understanding of all menu items and
- Skilled at communicating responsively with customers and clearly
with other staff.
- Record of promptly and effectively addressing complaints and issues
and providing the right information.
- Able to remain professional and calm in a high stress environment.
Waiter duties and responsibilities
This waiter job description will help you to make your waiter cover letter relevant to the job opportunity.
Restaurant Job Descriptions
Your waiter resume
Sample Waiter Resume
Restaurant job applications
Waiter Cover Letter Tips
Resume Building Tips
Resume Reference Page
Waiter Sample Resume
Restaurant Manager Resume
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Bartender Resume TemplateBartender Cover Letter
Waiter job interviews
Top 10 Interview Questions
Standard Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Waiter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page