The waiter resume example can be easily adapted to clearly show your personal
experience. The purpose of your resume is to
convince the employer that you have the right hospitality skills, abilities and
experience to be an excellent waiter.
Your professionalism should come across clearly in your resume. Format
your resume appropriately and ensure that it is grammatically correct
with the proper spelling.
SAMPLE WAITER RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
A waiter position in a high-volume restaurant.
A senior waiter in a food service-related industry.
An energetic and enthusiastic food service professional with
in a fast-paced hospitality environment. Skills and strengths include:
- ability to multi-task and efficiently handle competing demands
- outstanding communication and customer service skills
- able to think quickly and respond effectively to challenging situations
- successful track record of up-selling food and beverages
- accurate preparation and processing of bills and payments
- a team player willing to help out wherever needed
Good working knowledge of :
- food preparation methods
- beverage recommendations
- liquor laws and regulations
- hygiene and sanitation standards
- standard food service procedures
- hospitality etiquette
Cynthia's Restaurant, New York, NY
January 2020 - Date
- responsible for serving X customers on average per shift
- welcome and seat guests
- present and discuss menus
- answer questions and provide suggestions on food and beverage options
- take orders and enter into a POS system
- serve food and beverages including speciality dishes
- deal promptly with requests and complaints
- perform running side work throughout shift
- prepare final bill and process payments
- clean and set tables
Blue Moon Hotel, New York, NY
September 2018 - December 2019
- handled 2 sections of the hotel restaurant in an efficient and
- provided prompt and courteous food and beverage service to guests
- performed breakfast buffet set-up and replenished food items
- delivered room service orders
- worked varying shifts including weekends and holidays
Townsend High School, New York, NY
High School Diploma, 2018
- communication skills
- customer service orientation
- organization and planning skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
- persuasive skills
- team member
- stress tolerance
Available on request
Include your own waiter job information into this waiter
resume example. Use the detailed waiter job description to help you.
Your waiter cover letter
Include a persuasive waiter cover letter with your waiter job application.
Waiter duties and responsibilities
Full list of restaurant job descriptions to help you write a job-winning resume.
Waiter Job Description
How to write a resume for a restaurant job
Bartender Resume TemplateBartender Cover Letter
Waiter job interviews
Going for a job interview? Use this guide to answering common interview questions to get the waiter job you want.
Be prepared to answer what is good customer service?
To Top of Page