Art Teacher Resume
Your art teacher resume should showcase your credentials for the art teacher
Clearly articulate your classroom experience but go beyond this
to include extra curricular activities and community involvement. Concentrate on
the skills and strengths that make you an excellent educator.
Use the powerful art teacher resume objective statement to highlight your achievements and
make the reader sit up and take notice of your job application.
SAMPLE ART TEACHER RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
6 years experience as an innovative and passionate art teacher to large
and diverse student groups. Areas of achievement include:
- successful development and expansion of the high school curriculum
into a creative, multidimensional and multicultural program that
introduced students to a wide variety of art experiences and encouraged an
interest in and ability for creative expression.
in-depth knowledge of visual arts instruction including
drawing, painting, photography, ceramics, print making, 2d and 3d design and
acknowledged success in developing students' appreciation of art through imaginative teaching of critical art theory and history.
strong commitment to providing growth and learning opportunities for students
evident in the introduction of an after-school art enrichment program and extra curricular art workshops to explore innovative mediums.
initiated and helped run a successful youth art program at the local
Community Youth Center.
Art Teacher (Grades 9 -12)
Richmond High School, Chicago, IL
2014 - Date
- plan and deliver a meaningful, balanced and flexible art
program favorable to learning and personal growth for all students while
achieving curriculum objectives
- utilize a wide variety of art materials, subjects
and instructional strategies appropriate to the skill and age level of students
- facilitate and encourage critical thinking about art,
culture and society
- incorporate new technology into the curriculum
- provide individual and small group instruction to adapt the
curriculum to meet individual student needs
- plan and maintain inventory of art materials, tools and
- ensure a quality and disciplined learning environment to
maximize students' artistic achievement
- monitor and assess students performance
- prepare progress reports and provide feedback about
- maintain accurate and complete student records
- assist students with optimal presentation of their works
including development of functional art portfolios
- coordinate art exhibitions and displays
- plan and supervise field trips
- coordinate with teachers on school projects including set
designs, murals, school magazines and social media
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Masters In Education 2013
Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Fine Arts 2011
Illinois Teacher Certification 2014
Available on request
What are the duties and qualities of a good art teacher?
This Art Teacher Job Description will help you with identifying the skills, responsibilities and competencies of a successful art teacher.
List of Strengths
Art teacher resume pages
Teacher job interviews
Good Questions to Ask in your teacher job interview
To Top of Page