Pharmacy Assistant Resume
User-friendly pharmacy assistant resume sample can be adapted for your own
use. This clear and concise resume creates the right first impression and will
quickly convince an employer to take your job application seriously.
Simply insert your own work details into this resume template and use the proven
resume tips to ensure you land the job interview.
Pharmacy Assistant Resume Sample
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Certified Pharmacy Technician with 4 years experience as both a retail and
hospital pharmacy assistant. A dedicated and hard-working professional with
excellent attention to detail offers the following relevant skills:
- accurate processing of up to X prescriptions a day
- meticulous preparation of extemporaneous pharmaceuticals and parenteral solutions
- extensive knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- efficient patient data management
- competent inventory management
- systematic billing and processing of payments
- in-depth knowledge of insurance claims processing
- exceptional customer care
Riverside Hospital, New York, NY
February 2018 to date
- prepare prescriptions and individual medication cassettes for verification
- assist in preparing extemporaneous pharmaceuticals
- assist in preparing parenteral solutions
- utilize aseptic technique when conducting sterile product preparation
- calculate dosages, repackage and generate prescription labels
- monitor and alert pharmacist to dosage conflicts and drug interactions
to ensure patient well-being
- refill medications for emergency drug units
- maintain inventory controls in all work areas
- maintain stock of in-date pharmaceutical supplies
- receive and log inventory of all supplies
process charges and generate computer shelf labels for
- prepare billing details for input by data processing
- meticulously record, update and safeguard confidentiality of patient profiles
- strictly adhere to hospital policies, standards and regulations
- maintain a safe and efficient work environment
Westwood Pharmacy Group, New York, NY
September 2015 - December 2017
- under the supervision of a pharmacist processed
prescriptions and refills in accordance with all legal requirements and
- collected, entered and updated required prescription and
- monitored and maintained inventory of medications and pharmaceuticals
- screened and referred any questions regarding medications, pharmaceuticals
and health matters to pharmacist
- processed sales transactions in a high-volume setting
- assisted with processing insurance claims
Eastside High School, New York, NY
High School Diploma 2015
New York City College of Technology
Pharmacy Technician Program 2017
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), current
Available on request.
Pharmacy assistant duties, responsibilities and skills
Use this comprehensive pharmacy assistant job description to help you create a winning resume.
Pharmacy assistant resume tips
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for a pharmacy assistant so ensure your resume is 100% error-free. Proofread it a number of times and ask a trusted friend to check it for you.
- Your resume has to get the reader's attention in the first 30 seconds. You can achieve this with a convincing and targeted profile summary or pharmacy resume objective statement.
- Focus on the skills and strengths you have that match the job posting requirements and highlight your suitability for the specific position.
- Using the right resume keywords to ensure your resume gets read. Find out how to identify the keywords to use in your resume.
- Use a professional and easy-to-read format for your resume. This means short paragraphs, bullet points, a simple font, no fancy graphics or colored backgrounds.
Your cover letter
Always include a cover letter with your resume.
To Top of Page