The Future Job Market
Original article "Future Job Market" by the authors of best-job-interview.com
Job market research shows growth in some industries and sectors and decline in others.
Where will the jobs of tomorrow be? Know the critical skills you will need to be employable and find a good job in the future. Make informed career and job decisions based on reliable career job market research and information.
What career paths should young people be looking at? Where will the jobs be over the next decade?
This job market research makes interesting reading and provides direction for future job seekers.
What occupations will be in demand in the future job market?
According to the latest research these are the occupations that will be in demand in 2019 and beyond.
- Skilled trade jobs including plumbers and electricians.
This is due to the continuing focus on university education as opposed
to trade or technical programs.
- Engineering jobs - STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) skills continue to be in demand
- Sales and marketing jobs - there is a shortage of experienced sales and marketing people who can effectively contribute to an organization's revenue growth.
- Data analyst jobs - Huge quantities of available data present a challenge for companies as they try to find skills to sort and manage information efficiently.
- Accounting staff - competent accounting staff are in high demand globally
- Health care jobs - An aging population and increased focus on wellness give rise to an increased demand for healthcare providers.
What about competencies for future jobs?
These are the 7 critical competencies that the jobs of the future will require.
- Problem Analysis and Solving - the future is all about complex problem solving.
- Creativity - creativity is about finding innovative approaches and coming up with new ideas.
- Critical Thinking -high level cognitive skills give rise to unique insights and solutions
- Team Work - workplaces will continue to become more team-orientated so being able to work effectively with other people is key to future success. This includes the ability to collaborate virtually as well as in person.
- Adaptability - the pace of transformation in the workplace and the introduction of new methodologies will demand the ability and agility to adapt to change quickly and efficiently.
- Information management - the huge quantities of data that workers need to process will require the ability to focus and sort information efficiently and productively.
- Communication - clear communication will continue to be central to workplace success.
What jobs were advertised most this year?
The data on job postings from the US Department of Labor for the last two years shows the following occupations had the most job openings.
- Retail Salesperson
- Personal Care Aide
- Customer Service Representative
- Food Preparation Worker and Server
- Office Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- General Manager
Job Skills List
What are my Strengths?
Job Interviews > Interview Articles > Future Job Market
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page