Job-Winning Cold Cover Letter
Sample cold cover letter that effectively powers your job search. Use this type of cover letter when you are sending out your resume to network for possible employment opportunities.
Many job opportunities are found through networking, this type of approach to a job search has a higher success rate than other methods of finding a job.
Your cover letter should clearly state why you are interested in the
company and what you can bring to the organization. Adapt this excellent cover letter example for your own use.
How do you address a cold cover letter?
- When you send a cover letter cold it is essential to have a specific contact
person to address and send your email to.
- Go to the company website to
find out the name of the relevant person.
- Alternatively contact the
company and find out the correct name and email address of the person you should
send your email to.
For sample cold cover letters go here. Or use this cold cover email if you want to rather send an email.
Sample cold cover letter email
Subject Line: Introducing a Top Performing Customer Service
Dear Mr Smith
As a Customer Service Specialist with a track record of achieving excellent results in
the XYZ industry, I am enthusiastic about bringing my experience and expertise
to your dynamic company.
ABC Company has opened 2 new branches in the last 18 months, significantly
expanding your customer base. Some of the key capabilities that I can deliver to
meet your increasing customer service needs include:
- 8 years experience servicing a large, diverse and demanding customer
- consistent achievement of performance bench marks in all areas
- efficient in-depth tracking, analyzing and processing of market-related
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- a team player who achieves results through co-ordination with all
As a hard working and results-driven customer service professional I am
confident that I can make a positive contribution to ABC company. My resume is
attached for your review and I look forward to meeting with you to further
discuss my qualifications and experience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
How do you write a cover letter for a job that is not advertised?
Use these 5 top cold contact cover letter tips to maximize your chances of success.
- Address a person, not a title. Find out the name of the person responsible for the hiring decision by contacting the company.
- Write a subject line that grabs the reader's attention and ensure your cold cover email or letter is opened and read.
- Customize the cover letter to the job and company. Show that you have done your homework.
- Highlight your most relevant skills and experience and clearly articulate what you would contribute to the organization and why you would be an asset.
- Close your cover letter strongly and motivate the reader to take action.
Cold contact cover letters
Use these cold cover letter examples to get the interview.
Cold Cover Letter Examples
Job-winning cover letter pages
How to Write a Cover Letter
Your cover letter intro
Basic Cover Letter
Generic Cover Letter
Email Cover Letters
Networking Cover Letter
50 Sample Cover Letters
Writing your resume
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Cold Cover Letter
To Top of Page