Prepare for a Job Interview
What to Ask the Recruiter
Original article by the authors of best-job-interview.com
When you prepare for a job interview make good use of your recruiter. Job recruiters are a valuable source of information on the employer and the interviewer.
Often they have dealt with the employer over a long period of time and
have become familiar with the different interviewing methods and
tactics. Recruitment consultants can provide you with inside information
that will help you to stand out from the other candidates.
Use these interview preparation tips and questions to get what you need from the recruiter.
1. Ask about the hiring manager or interviewer
job recruiter should have received feedback from other candidates they
have sent to this company for previous jobs and will have dealt with the
interviewer on a regular basis.
- They will be able to tell you
about the personality and behavior of the interviewer or interviewers.
This will help you to decide on the sort of approach you will take in
the interview such as your communication style.
recruiter can advise you on what to focus on during your job interview,
the skills and experience and competencies that will be explored. This
will help you with preparing good answers to interview questions
recruiter will have received feedback from the company on why other
candidates have been unsuccessful and can warn about the interview mistakes these candidates made and why they failed.
2. Good questions to ask the recruiter
Ask the job recruiter to give you information on the following:
- The favorite questions that the interviewer likes to ask
- What the interviewer is looking for when asking these questions
- The likes and dislikes of the interviewer
- What skills to highlight in the interview
- How to dress for the interview
- What you should take with you to the interview
- The questions you should ask in the interview
- How to close the interview
- The interview follow up you should do
Use this expert interview preparation guide to help you get ready for your next job interview.
View excellent information resources to prepare for a job interview
Interview Preparation Checklist
To Top of Page