Barista Job Description
Sample barista job description. Baristas are a growing profession and due to
the high staff turnover in this profession there are a number of ongoing job
Employers look for polite and friendly people with
strong customer service and communication skills to fill these positions.
Baristas are generally employed in coffee shops, restaurants and other
hospitality establishments. Regardless of the working environment, the core functions of this job remain standard and are listed in detail in this job description.
BARISTA JOB DESCRIPTION
Prepare and present quality beverages according to standard recipes.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- greet all customer and present beverage menu
- discuss beverage items, make suggestions and answer any inquiries
- describe current promotions and new products
- take customer orders accurately
- operate coffee making equipment
- prepare and present beverages according to established recipe and
- serve prepared food items such as muffins and bagels
- prepare and pack coffee bean purchases for customers
- record and accurately process purchases using the POS system
- collect and process payments from the customer including cash, credit
and debit cards
- comply with health, safety and hygiene guidelines and regulations
- ensure customer service stations are well stocked
- maintain clean and hygienic work area
- dismantle and clean machinery as needed
- display merchandise in an attractive and functional manner
- monitor and order inventory
- stock inventory according to storage requirements
- complete opening and closing duties for each shift
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma preferred
- high volume experience with coffee making equipment
- working knowledge of all forms of coffee and standard beverage recipes
- basic numeracy and money-handling skills
- able to read and speak fluently in required language
- able to stand for long hours
- able to lift and carry moderate amounts of weight
- sense of urgency
- high energy level
- organizational ability
- customer service orientation
- communication skills
- team member
- honesty and integrity
Develop an excellent resume using this resume template. Insert the relevant details from the barista job description.
Send a persuasive cover letter with your resume. This basic cover letter provides a good starting point.
Get ready for your barista job interview with the interview questions and answers guide.
Find out how to answer common customer service interview questions
Useful sample job descriptions:
Waiter Job Description
Bartender Job Description
Barista Job Description Template
Job Interviews > Job Descriptions > Restaurant Jobs > Barista Job
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page