Sample Teacher Resume
Sample teacher resume to send with your job application.
This teaching resume
presents a professional image and highlights your suitability and strengths for
the teaching job opportunity.
Focus on your credentials for the job and the areas of your involvement and expertise that make you an excellent educator.
Adapt the summary of skills and resume objective, insert your own career information into the sample resume and be ready to take your teaching job application to the next level.
SAMPLE TEACHER RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Write a concise objective that clarifies the position and grade level you are
Example: Science Teacher (Grades 9 -12)
X years as a dedicated teacher of Biology to large and diverse student
groups. Proven ability to develop and implement innovative, student-centered
teaching strategies and lesson plans. Successful introduction of motivational incentives to
significantly improve student
achievement. Solid commitment to student development and the provision of an encouraging learning
environment that supports individual needs.
Areas of strength include:
- employment of creative and adaptive thinking to match
teaching objectives and learning strategies with students'
abilities and interest
- incorporation of latest classroom technology into stimulating instructional activities and learning materials
- extensive experience in using diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of each student
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective
classroom management and discipline
- an active commitment to work collaboratively with other staff members to
develop a vibrant learning community
- the proactive management of parent relationships to foster strong co-operation
- a willingness to undertake extra curricular assignments
- a proven track record of continuous professional development
Biology Teacher (Grades 9 -12)
New Freemont High, Durham, NC
September 2013 - Date
- teach Biology to Grades 9 to 12 in a multi-cultural and varied ability-level
- plan learning objectives, develop stimulating lessons plans, prepare learning
materials and design assessments that are informed by current educational
practices and methodologies
- prepare and utilize oral and visual presentations, demonstration, laboratory
experiments, interactive teaching and discussion to achieve objectives
- facilitate a positive learning environment by encouraging student
participation, providing differentiated instruction to meet individual needs,
maintaining discipline and creating a rewards-based classroom system
- continual assessment of student learning through informal and formal methods
- maintain records and
document student progress
- manage communication with parents in regard to student
performance through parent-teacher conferences, progress
reports, emails and meetings.
- introduce and monitor enrichment activities for advanced students
- provide after-school tutoring for students requiring additional help
- offer after-hours availability to parents and students for education-related
questions and help
- develop and co-ordinate a school-wide field trip curricula
- facilitate and assist with participation in regional Science Fairs
- act as advisor to the Science Club
Durham Public Schools - Jordan High
October 2011 - May 2013
- implemented all aspects of the academic curriculum in Biology for
- introduced inquiry-based lesson plans
- developed a number of interactive Biology units
- organized field trips
- planned and implemented a protocol for laboratory work
- provided after-school support to students
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Science in Science Education 2011
North Carolina Teaching License - Biology (Grades 9 - 12)
Available on request
Sample teaching resume objective for different teacher jobs.
Insert your own teaching career information into the structure of this sample teacher resume. You can use the teacher job description to help you.
Teaching Job Description Resources
Always include a cover letter with your teaching resume. Adapt the teacher cover letter for your own use.
Keep your teacher portfolio up-to-date and ready for presentation.
Prepare for your teacher interview using this guide.
Know which teacher interview questions to expect and get help with formulating your interview answers.
The teacher interview tips will help you to stand out as the right candidate for the teacher job.
Special Education Teacher Interview Questions
Sample Teacher Resume Tips
for writing a job-winning resume.
Entry Level Teacher Resume
Kindergarten Teacher Resume
Teacher Resume Objectives
Job Interviews > Resume Samples > Teacher
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page