Nanny Job Description
The nanny job description clearly lists the common key duties, activities and responsibilities associated with a nanny position.
Nanny duties will vary from nanny placement to nanny placement and household to household but almost all nanny jobs will involve an element of these typical nanny and child care tasks.
Select the information that applies to the job you are specifying and
create a practical job description for your nanny position.
NANNY JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide complete care for the children in the employer's home and perform all tasks that correlate to the care of the children. To create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which the children can thrive and develop. A nanny job may include housework duties.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- preparing bottles for babies and care for feeding equipment
- changing diapers for babies
- bathing babies
- supervising baths for older children
- dressing children appropriate to the child's activities
- washing and ironing children's clothes
- planning meals for children
- preparing meals and snacks for the children
- supervising children's meals
- cleaning and washing up after children's meals
- shopping for children's requirements
- scheduling and coordinating children's activities
- transporting children to school and other activities
- undertaking appropriate creative activities with the children
- undertaking appropriate educational activities with the children
- undertaking appropriate outdoor activities with the children
- planning and supervising rest, bed and nap times
- reading to and with the children
- helping with homework
- tidying children's bedrooms and play areas
- reinforcing appropriate discipline for the children
- implementing daily routines
- doing light housework
- running errands
Education and Experience
- high school graduate
- further training in child care and development such as a
formal nanny training program, early childhood classes and/or in-service
- proven child care experience with references
- First Aid and CPR certification
- safety certification
- driving license and safe driving record
- ability to multitask
- emotional maturity
- good judgment skills
- planning and organizing skills
- stress tolerance
- high energy level
this nanny resume to create a job-winning
Send a winning nanny cover letter with your job application.
Prepare for nanny interview questions using these interview answer guidelines.
Frequently asked interview questions for nanny jobs
Nanny Interview Tips
Questions to ask in your nanny interview.
Nanny Job Description Pages
Housekeeping Job Description
Nanny Job Description Template
job description is a useful resource for both applicants for a nanny
job and prospective employers to clarify what is expected in nanny placements.
Latest Update - Nanny Salary
Indeed.com reports that the average salary for nanny postings in the United States on the site is $14.22 per hour as of September 2017.
Best Job Interview > Sample Job Descriptions > Nanny Job
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page