Marketing Job Description
Sample marketing job description. Marketing responsibilities vary according to industry, level of position and size of company. However these core responsibilities apply to the majority of jobs referred to as marketing administrator, marketing assistant, marketing coordinator or marketing officer.
Select the relevant tasks and job requirements for your specific marketing position to create an accurate and detailed job description.
Assist in planning, co-ordinating and executing marketing programs to support organizational objectives.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- design and develop marketing materials including advertisements and brochures
- liaise and correspond with outside vendors and suppliers
- monitor production of marketing materials
- oversee distribution of marketing materials
- draft press and media releases
- liaise with public relations and media contacts
- help prepare and conduct product presentations
- help plan, coordinate and participate in marketing events
- execute direct marketing campaigns
- prepare online marketing campaigns
- update company website and social media tools
- oversee loyalty and rewards programs
- conduct market research
- monitor competitive activity and market trends
- monitor and assess customer feedback
- maintain customer information via marketing database and CRM system
- collect and analyze sales data to prepare marketing reports
- track, coordinate and assemble data to measure outcomes of marketing programs
- communicate with sales and production regarding product and pricing changes
- maintain promotional materials inventory
- maintain archive of marketing materials
- ensure marketing activities comply with state and federal regulations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- customer service, marketing or sales experience
- understanding of the principles of marketing
- knowledge of marketing tools and techniques
- proficient in relevant computer applications
- proficient in social media marketing
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- attention to detail
- problem solving
- stress tolerance
- team player
Build a job-winning resume with this sample resume template
Get your resume read. Adapt this marketing cover letter for your own use.
Preparing for a job interview? These sample marketing interview questions will help you.
Related Job Descriptions
Marketing Manager Job Description
Salesperson Job Description
Marketing Job Description Template
Marketing Job Resources
Marketing Manager Resume
Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Sales Interview Questions
Latest Update Marketing Jobs 2017
Today, a successful marketer needs a growing list of new skills. A marketing professional is constantly building and creating content online. A working knowledge of website creation and relevant coding skills are required for this. A profound understanding of social media is essential.
In addition a reasonable grasp of design will add value to a marketer's skill set. Basic graphic and print design knowledge coupled with an understanding of design applications enhances the candidate's value to the company.
In the current marketing environment it is important for marketers to develop these skills to remain relevant.
Job Interviews > Free Job Descriptions > Marketing Job Description
To Top of Page