Manager resumes for different management jobs. Regardless of the job level, the industry or the company, a manager has to plan, organize, lead and control.
Potential employers are looking for competence in these areas. Your resume should clearly highlight your competencies, skills and accomplishments in a results-driven format. An effective resume format projects competence and professionalism.
View the different sample management resumes and select the one you want to customize for your own use.
Use these management resume tips to know how to create a job-winning resume.
How to write a powerful manager resume
- get the reader's attention straight away with a dynamic summary or statement of your strengths
and skills as they relate directly to the management job
opportunity. The potential employer should immediately get a clear
picture of your industry-specific experience, your level of
responsibility and your relevant manager skills. The objective of the summary is to prove you can make a valuable contribution to the company.
on your most recent and highest level management position. You can list
previous manager jobs but avoid repeating job information. Your job
history should indicate your progression in your management career but
keep your resume concise and compelling. Use bullet points to make it
easy to read and absorb the information.
- provide a full picture of the scope of your management responsibilities. How many staff do you manage? What size budget do you control? What resources do you allocate?
your achievements by using facts and figures to describe your
contributions. Avoid just listing daily tasks and focus on information
that makes an impact. For example "Conducted market surveys to
determine market penetration. Implemented strategy improvements
resulting in an 8% increase in market share".
- use powerful action words to describe the successful task outcomes you have achieved. You can find a list of useful action verbs at resume action words
- include all important and relevant qualifications, training and certifications. List your technical skills such as the computer applications you are proficient in, the systems and practices you are familiar with. Make sure the information you provide targets the job opportunity.
- Recruiters and potential employers use resume keywords to search resume databases. These keywords demonstrate the essential skills, experience and knowledge needed to perform the job. It is important to use the right resume keywords in your resume to both get your resume found and to convince the employer you can do the job.
- highlight your management competencies. Competencies that are core to successful job performance for almost any management position include planning and organizing, decision-making and judgment, delegation and motivation, problem resolution, communication and persuasiveness.
Sample Manager Resumes
Customer Service Manager
General Manager Resume
Manager Resume Template
Cover letters are crucial to getting the right reaction to your resume. Choose from these sample cover letters to help you develop your own winning cover letter.
Go to these manager job descriptions to view comprehensive descriptions for a wide range of management jobs. Use the information to develop a job-relevant resume.
Manager Job Interview Resources
What Makes a Good Manager?
Management Job Interview Questions
Behavioral Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Resumes > Manager Resumes
To Top of Page