Bank Teller Job Description
The sample bank teller job description outlines the typical tasks, responsibilities and requirements for a bank teller job.
Bank tellers hold the front line job in a bank as they are the
employees that customers generally see and interact with first. It is a
key banking position and experienced bank cashiers or tellers are in
This job description can easily be adapted for your specific banking job.
Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on the bank's products and services.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- receive and count working cash at beginning of shift
- identify customers, validate and cash checks
- accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
- process cash withdrawals
- perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler's checks and exchanging foreign currency
- perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks
- receive and verify loan payments, mortgage payments and utility bill payments
- record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
- balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift
- answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- initiate and open new accounts
- explain, advise on and promote bank products and services to customers
- identify referral opportunities and make relevant referrals
- ensure compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- high school diploma or equivalent
- some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred
- knowledge of customer service principles
- relevant computer skills
- on-the-job training usually provided
- strong numerical ability
- good listening and communication skills
- customer service orientation
- accuracy and attention to detail
- time management
- problem solving
- honesty and integrity
- stress tolerance
Easy-to-use and well written bank teller sample resume to help you build your own persuasive resume.
Write a job-winning bank teller resume objective
Bank Teller Cover Letter to send with your resume.
The Bank Job Interview
Preparing for a bank teller job interview? Go through these bank interview questions
Finance Interview Questions
Customer service is key to the bank teller job. Expect customer service interview questions in your job interview.
Bank job candidates will usually undergo a pre-employment check. Find out about the employment background check
Recommended Bank Job Pages
Bank Teller Job Description Template
Cashier Job Description
Customer Service Job Description
Easy to use bank teller job description for both employers and job seekers.
Latest Update - Bank Teller Salary
job site reports average salaries for job postings on the site in the
United States for Bank Teller jobs is $12.00 per hour as of February 2017.
Job Interviews > Sample Job Descriptions > Bank Teller Job
To Top of Bank Teller Job Description Page